Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday Lesson


The lovely Ms Keeper, retired agility dog, is going to go with me to our lesson this afternoon.  We'll practice with 16" jumps (or 12", depending on what the little dogs are jumping), and without A-frames.  Hopefully she can help rekindle my "agility fire," which has been burning at a low ebb this week.  Keeper LOVES agility.  Her excitement is contagious, she's fairly well-trained, and I think I can handle her speed, which is slower than Riff's, even though my leg is aching....

Riff will wonder why he's not going, but I promised him a hike around Riverfront Park this week - just he and I, so we can explore the redwood path.  Or maybe we'll sneak into Annadel, the back way.  I believe Annadel has been officially "closed" by the State.  Heh heh.   I'd have to keep him on-leash, and hope we wouldn't run into too many 'yahoo' mountain bikers up there - I imagine they're pleased as punch there are no park rangers, these days.  Hmmm.  Maybe we'll stick to Riverfront. 
I stole the photo below from Channan's FB post.  This is Riff's littermate Rampage, wearing a new backpack.  Isn't he pretty!  And the backpack looks great, too.   Rampage can now carry his own water on hikes.  Good dog! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, Rampage! He's so handsome :).

Too bad about Annadel. I've only been there twice with Kathy, but it was a beautiful park.

Celeste said...

Well, folks can still get in even if it's closed. (It might even be easier to do whatever you want in a state park when it's closed. There are so many off-the-beaten-path entry ways. But I'm not sure how I feel about that. How are we supposed to treat the park now? It's upsetting...)
Although...I think the official closing date might be January 1. I'm not entirely sure.

 
Free Hit Counter