Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hidden Strength and Beauty



He was just outside our backyard fence, watching me play with the dogs.  So well-hidden the dogs never noticed him.  (In their defense, they were focused on their toys...)   He got me to thinking about the hidden strength and beauty the earth constantly offers us.  We just need to slow down a bit, and set aside enough time to really look around....                .....and then we need to notice the GOOD as much as we notice the bad.  Sometimes, for me at least, that's the tricky bit. 

For instance - after I got home from my last agility lesson, I wrote a list of all the things that I need to "fix." Then I prioritized them, so that I might work them into a cohesive practice plan.  Then I got depressed. 

What I needed to do, perhaps, was to write a list of all the things that were GOOD about the lesson.  Everything that Riff did well.  Decorate it.  Then frame the list, and hang it on the wall for at least a week.  And smile every time I look at it. 




No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter