Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday!

...and a lot of folks are heading to the Haute Dawgs USDAA agility trial in Dixon this weekend.  (Oh, man, I would give my eye teeth to go to that one.  Perfect weather, fabulous friends, all on their way to Dixon....Arrgh!)

Early this morning I was able to watch a YouTube from the FCI World Championships in France.  It shows the four dogs on the USA Large Dog team, going through the Individual Jumpers course on the first day of competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWTWgtC659g

I hope you're able to watch it, too.  My older dog Keeper has competed against Laura's Kep a few times, in the past.  It's so great to see Laura and Kep in France!!  She is one of the nicest people in the game.  And I can't say enough about Kep.  Great dog.  I also love watching the 19 year-old Tori and her dog Rev.  And of course the HOB NOB dog, run by Terry, and the wonderful Solar, run by the amazing Daisy.  One of the things I can't help but notice is....boy oh boy, can these handlers RUN!  I sure wish I'd taken this sport up when I was in my 20's or 30's....   The 40's would've been okay, too.  Now here I am, in my 60's, trying to figure out how to get through these courses with questionable knees and a bad back.  But it CAN be done!  It can!  I'm absolutely certain of it.  I wish I could figure it out enough to write it down in an amusing and captivating way.  Maybe I'll publish a book titled "How to Win Classes in Dog Agility, in Your 60's and Beyond!" 

Back to the video....I also can't help but notice how much trouble the dogs are having on that "Championship" indoor surface.  I wonder what it's made of.  Are the organizers going to try to "fix" it?  I wonder if the dogs with longer nails are better off on it, or the dogs with shorter nails.  I wonder if any of the competitors are putting anything on their dogs' feet.  What would be allowed?  Anything?  Probably not. 

My dogs had to play a few indoor games this week, due to rainy weather.

Let's play!
 
Can I get both of these toys in my mouth?
 
Absolutely.
But because we live in one of the most beautiful places on earth, today is GORGEOUS! 

The windflowers (Japanese Anemone) in our backyard are in full bloom.
 
Riff is enjoying his ring toy....

....and Keeper is playing with him!

I love my dogs!!!

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter