Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One of Life's Little Miracles


This is the lovely lamp on my husband's side of the bed.

And this is what's left of the matching lamp on my side of the bed. 

At 1:30 this morning, due to a mishap that involved moving an extra pillow, this poor old lamp bit the dust. 

The 'little miracle':   When the lamp crashed and this piece landed right on my head, it was circle-down around my ear, with the sharp jagged bits up in the air.


I was half asleep, and didn't know what was happening.  I froze - afraid to move! - while Jeff turned on the light.  The lamp made such an impressive exploding sound when it hit that the dogs were long gone.  They high-tailed it immediately, which was a good thing, since shards of glass littered the floor and the bed covers.  Luckily everyone escaped injury. 

Life is full of little miracles! 
I am filled with gratitude - for whoever invented the vaccuum, certainly....but most especially for my guardian angel - whoever it may have been last night.  Nice job, flipping that piece of the lamp.  And protecting all of us.  Thank you! 
♥♥

Bedside Lamp:  RIP
You were a good lamp, and a great comfort, for many years. 

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter