Monday, November 19, 2012

HolidaysAndOhMyGodIt'sThatTimeOfYear

Crikey.

First off, bad news from a friend.  Bad.  Like my first impression was:  "In no way is this good."  So right away I try to think of Something Positive.  People say you have to think positively in order for good things to happen.  People say your energy can effect not only your own life, but also the energy of others.  Not only those in the immediate vicinity - but everyone in the whole world.  Or in the universe, even.  Or in many galaxies, even.   Even a long time ago, far far away.  But...wait.  That's a bit far, I realize.  And...so....yeah.

Even though I don't entirely understand "the universal power of" I have always leaned toward enjoying life, as much as possible....so I do - in fact - often find myself thinking along positive lines.  It's a habit, at this point.  When something bad happens, you look at it, learn from it, and then turn around and find something good.  It has something to do with survival, and...the universe? 

So!  We turn our thoughts to a positive outcome for this bad news. 

GOOD THOUGHTS!  GOOD ENERGY!
 
Because....no doubt we'll learn something from it.  Something.  I don't know what, yet.  Learning is good, isn't it?  Most of the time.  And perhaps my friend and I will become closer friends, through this experience.  That's good.  Isn't it?  And....there's something else that is good....but....it's.....just beyond my reach....right now.  Shoot. 

I can feel it, but I can't see it yet, and I sure can't describe it.    Yet. 



But, hey.  There was a super cool agility trial at the fairgrounds this weekend.  The UKI OPEN!  I was an all-day worker for a couple of days at that trial last year, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  This year, I didn't even visit.  Even though I'd planned to watch the Finals, at least. 

But I have certainly enjoyed all the videos of runs that have been posted on Facebook! 
WAY TO GO, YOU ALL!!

I DID visit the fairgrounds during the trial, actually.  Riff and I had an ECS training session there on Friday night.  We trained in the rain, in the dark.  The trial was over for the day, so we didn't see anybody run.  Training in the rain was a whole new experience for us!  The Riffle doesn't like rain, as a general rule, but he was FINE on Friday.  Riff was mostly absolutely lovely.  He did very well on the tests, and I was really proud of him.





Today we wanted to get on an agility field and RUN....(we have a Need for Speed!!!)  but that wasn't in the cards.  And now the field's been closed because of a parvo outbreak at the ASCA Nationals.  Bummer.  Sad.  But...it's all for the best, yes?  Soon.  We will run again.  Sooooon.....

And hey, watch out for mushrooms in your yard, if you live with big trees.  They're popping up everywhere! 

My turkey showed up today.  YAY!  It's a beautiful little range-fed number.  So I'll be cooking a turkey dinner for some of our family members on Wednesday, and then I'll make a marbled pumpkin cheesecake to take to a friend's house on Thursday.  We've enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner at Joanie's place for...oh, I think it's about 17 years now.  Wonderful people. 

The holidays have always been a bit of a challenge for me.  Dysfunctional history, blah blah blah. And now Israel/Gaza.  Crikey.  But.  Life.  Goes. On. 

And - lucky for us - families come in all shapes and sizes. 

LOVE YOUR FAMILY!!!   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Hug yours today!!

3 comments:

Elf said...

Mushrooms popping up in the part of my yard covered in wood chips, too; just pulled out a bunch today. So far thank goodness my dogs have never shown any interest in them, but you can't be too careful.

I also try to assume that life will, in the long run, be good. So--Happy Thanksgiving.

Elf said...

Oh--P.S. I love the face with the hair!

Celeste said...

Thanks, Elf!! ♥

 
Free Hit Counter