Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Comment

Okay so I love that we elected Obama! 
I do not understand Romney and his cohorts.  They have strange viewpointss regarding women's rights issues...and the rights of all minorities...and the middle and lower classes....etc.etc.etc.
And they believe in the "trickle down" theory regarding wealth.  It hasn't trickled down yet, so I can't understand why they believe it will in the future.  If all of the rich businessmen would be both able and willing to create jobs for their fellow Americans AFTER the elections, why were so many of them shutting down plants and moving jobs overseas (for many years) BEFORE the elections?  What is it, exactly, about having even more money, that will convince them to rebuild plants and bring all the jobs BACK?  I just don't get it.  And will the continued de-regulation of Wall Street help those brokers stop packaging shady deals into wobbly investment accounts, in an economic language that No One Understands, so they can make a few billion dollars more?  I don't think so! 
Greedy men tend to stay greedy....especially if they're given both a blessing and a free-rein.     

Those are just a few of the points that helped me vote for Obama.  He has an incredibly difficult job to do....inherited in 2008.  I think he's made some slow and steady progress.  Although obviously not perfect, I think he's learned a lot and is willing to learn more.  He seems to be able to listen...to all kinds of people, about all kinds of things.  That means a lot.  And I think it's amazingly generous of him to want to continue to work at learning how to be a good leader...and to continue to struggle for fairness for all. 

Our culture is firmly GLOBAL now.  There is no going back.  We humans are in touch with each other - all around the earth - as thoroughly as if we were all next-door neighbors.  In fact we ARE all neighbors.  Different cultures in different neighborhoods, but neighbors nonetheless...and mixing together more all the time.  We need to be mindful of that.  Mindful of how we talk to each other, and how we treat each other.  And mindful of how we treat our precious earth. 

Sometimes "current events" can make me feel mighty depressed.  I love the PBS Newshour, but it can certainly drag down a person's good mood.  I wish I could wave a magic wand and make everything better.  In lieu of that, I just try to BREATHE, and take care of myself, my family and friends.  I like meditation because it helps me stay calm and forward-thinking.  It helps my mind stay open to possibilities. 

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter