Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Shoes!

Today's quote:  "Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape." 

Yesterday, during a rare moment of spendthrift bravery, I went on-line to buy a new pair of running shoes.  Several of my agility friends fell in love with the Inov8 Roc-lite 285 (275?  295?) this winter, so I've been watching these shoes run around.  They look so light and flexible, for a water-proof Gore-Tex shoe...! 

But of course, in my brilliance, I did not order that exact shoe.  I let myself be seduced by the unseasonably warm weather into buying a summer shoe - a no-Gore-Tex, ultra-light (6.9 oz.) "almost-barefoot" kind of shoe - the Inov8 F-Lite 195.  I didn't know what size to get...so it will either fit or it won't.  Not sure the sole will be "luggy" enough for agility fields.  I hate slipping and falling.  But I ordered them from Zappo's, so I can ship them back (for free!) and ask for a different size (and style?), if need be.   These shoes were on sale, for a very good price.  (Hmmm...I wonder why...) 

But hey, a little shoe therapy can go a long way. 
:-)

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter