Saturday, December 17, 2011

Procrastination

Procrastination is a fine art. 

As Mark Twain put it:  "Never put off until tomorrrow what you can do the day after tomorrow."

Hey, I'm not really procrastinating, because I'm filling up my time with other things.  True procrastination is "doing nothing."   Right?  Or...um....maybe the word actually means "putting off doing something," as in "something specific"...

I'm definitely doing stuff!  Just not Important Christmas Stuff.  But I got a few little Christmas-y things done today.  The first batch of candied walnuts is done, and I wrote a stack of Christmas cards.  You have to admit that's progress...and that it's only the 17th.  Pppffft.  Plenty of time left for the biggies.  Like shopping.  Like mailing packages.  Yes?

Okay - I'll admit it.  I'm procrastinating.  I do this every year.  Just really, really not a shopper.  (How do you shopping-types do it?  With one foot stepping into dotage, I still don't have shopping figured out...)

But Riff and Keeper are happy, because we've been playing a lot.  (NOTE we play with Christmas colors!)


There's an AKC trial going on over at the fairgrounds, but Riff and I stuck to the neighborhood early this morning for our walkies, and we've been hanging in the backyard for our training and playing. 

Because I thought I'd go shopping this afternoon.  (HA!)  Well....maybe I'll go out this evening.  Or...tomorrow.... 

Here's an even better quote:

"Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have."  Yes!

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter