Monday, September 24, 2012

Another Tree

We have a couple of Japanese Maples in our backyard that tend to procreate.  I often pull baby trees up, as if they're weeds.  I pull Japanese Maples, baby Oaks, Dogwoods, Plums and Apples.  Our backyard loves to grow trees.  It's already a 'forest'...but it is determined to be 'More of a Forest'! 
Even in the frontyard, there's a section of dirt that loves to grow baby Chinese Pistachios.  A neighbor once asked if he could come by and harvest them.  "Yes!  Absolutely!  Please!"  We have so many trees...

Some years ago I transplanted a baby Japanese Maple into a new gardening area.  It took off, and is now a lovely tree.  So I planted another baby tree in a wooden box. 

Today my youngest son and I transplanted the tree, now an adolescent, from the box into the ground.  Another backyard tree!  Cross your fingers that we put it in a good spot.  I'm hoping it will show its beautiful red colors in another few weeks...then survive the winter.  Good luck, sweet tree! 

And THANK YOU for your help, sweet son.


No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter