Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Vernal Equinox!



 Although today was cloudy and chilly, it is officially spring, so YAY! 

Riff was pretty darn good during our agility class tonight.  I am proud of him.  The courses required us to get our dogs over some speedy / tricky jumps without letting them go over the "line of refusal" of nearby obstacles...and Riff collected and wrapped with the best of them.  These manuevers haven't been easy for this long-strided young fella....but he looked like he knew exactly what to do...AND he looked like he was having a lot of fun during our runs.  Wow...every once in a while, I almost feel like a dog trainer... 

Another fun thing:  my husband bought me a new DVD - "First Steps in Border Collie Sheepdog Training - From Chaos to Control."  Can't wait to watch it!  It's by someone named Andy Nickless.  I suppose sheepdog DVDs are like agility DVDs, in that you have to consider the source, take them with a grain of salt, etc etc.   But I'm sure, with a title like "chaos to control," we're bound to get at least a few useful words of advice. 

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter