Sunday, January 23, 2011

WeekEnding

The photo below is from a Bay Team agility trial held in 2007.
The club held another trial here this weekend. There are big differences in fencing and general set-up these days, but the footing, the building, and the cold morning air were the same.
...
I was a "worker bee" on Saturday - a timer, scribe and gate person. It was a small show, but I got to watch some wonderful Masters-level dogs and handlers work tough courses.



I left a wee bit early (4:pm), because we had to scurry up to Forestville to attend an Artists' Reception at the Quicksilver Mine Company gallery. My son Brett has a few pieces in the show! We got there about an hour late. People were spilling into, and out of, the gallery's fenced patio. We thought about going back there to take a few photos, but decided not to get lost in the crowd, even though the food and wine were there.



We walked around to the front entrance instead....




....and wedged our way into the crowd inside the gallery.....




....and (thankfully) soon found Brett's handmade books (which are small collections of prints and paintings).....


...and Brett!


I felt exhausted after the reception, but thrilled for Brett. Quicksilver is a great local gallery, and it's wonderful to make it into a show there. I'd like to go back when we can actually see the artwork, instead of dodging crowds.
....
I was also excited about showing Riff at the Bay Team trial on Sunday. So I loaded up the car and went to bed really early......
...
.....only to wake up - sick - at 3:am. I tried to ignore it, but by 5:30am I was truly ill. Why does such a thing happen on a dogshow day? Denial! Denial! I told myself I'd be over it in time to get to at least a few of Riff's Starters classes.
....
....
....but that didn't happen. Sadly.
...
So.
Next up is Moe Strenfel's Obsession Session workshop in Brisbane (yay!) and then an AKC show here in Santa Rosa, first weekend of February.
...
Ever onward.

1 comment:

Elf said...

Thanks so much for working on Saturday.

Glad that you got to the show and that it was a popular one.

And that just sucks that you ended up sick! Hope you're feeling better by now.

 
Free Hit Counter