Sunday, January 16, 2011

A List of Stuff to Buy

My iPhone List of Stuff to Buy:
  • An exercise bike. [Or a real bicycle? Or maybe I should just stick to walking...walking is healthier. Isn't it?]
  • Behr paint for the spare room. [White for the ceiling, a warm cream color for two walls, and some kind of seafoam/sage for the other two walls. Maybe...?? Or warm colors all the way around...?]
  • Compost/Mulch. [Ten bags. Or maybe twelve. Just for the front.]
  • Dinner at Sazon.
  • A rhyming dictionary. [Look up which kind Sondheim likes best.]
  • The long travel board I ordered before Thanksgiving. [Does Kent still have it?]
  • A new pair of slippers. [LL Bean again??]
  • Thank You cards. [Yes, of course the kind you snail mail.]
  • A new camera. [Pocket-sized. Smaller but more powerful than the PowerShot. What kind...?]
  • Two notebooks. [Suitable for the collage project, for B & W....]
  • Picture frames. [Two large, two small - suitable for flower projects.]

...

Actually, I don't NEED a darn thing. Like many Americans, we have Enough Stuff! Enough already!! (Except I tore the wallpaper off in the spare room, so I really must buy the paint....)

...
...
Some Nice Stuff I Already Have:

A big pile of firewood in the shed. (And the sweet husband who put it there.) Wealth beyond measure!!
...

A tiny horse and little wooden guy. I like to think of them as Seabiscuit and his trainer Tom Smith, even though the horse looks like an Arabian.
...
27 books left on my "To Read" table. How much wealthier can a person get??
...

A flowering aloe vera plant. Beautiful! (I hope the deer don't eat the flower.)
....
Riff doesn't qualify as "stuff"....but I couldn't resist adding the photos I took this morning. In this one, he's annoyed because I have a camera with me instead of a toy.
...

He's trying to vibe me into going back up the hill to get a toy. (At two years old, he's still looking a bit gawky....)
...


Keeper joined him, and together they're trying to brainwash me: "Toy! Toy! Toy! GET. THE. TOY."
...


"YES!!! That's better! Much better!"
...
See? Even dogs need Stuff. (And they DO know how to train people.) They might be just as happy with sticks, if push came to shove...but the toys are GREAT....

1 comment:

Elf said...

A mere 27 books on your to-read table? Pfft! I have 2 bookcases, with the shelves 2-deep in books. Oh, and I ordered another 8 yesterday.

Walking vs exercycle: I love walking & hiking. My orthopedic surgeon said that, with my knees, I'd better take up a hobby like biking or swimming. Neither of which I have any real interest in--dogs can't participate, for one. Walking is good exercise for me but doesn't usually give me the cardio workout of the exercycle (unless I'm doing a LOT of uphill, but easier to regulate on the exercyle) and doesn't work my thighs as much. Still, the exercycle has been in the garage for a very long time.

 
Free Hit Counter